Thanks so much for hanging in there and praying with me for Haiti. It has been really encouraging to get your emails and comments. God is doing big stuff! Here's what I've got for today:
* Pray for Maison des Enfants de Dieu (Children of the House of God). This is Lovely's orphanage. Today a team landed and they were to be processed through the US Embassy to hopefully go home! The issue is that the staff had to walk (yes walk) 2 kilometers with all of the babies (who have been so weakened by the lack of food, water and shelter) and all of the water and food needed. If you want to know more you can read here :http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs047/1102756959056/archive/1102952483480.html
* SO pray for safety, health and favor during their processing and as they fly on a cargo jet to get to the US.
* Please continue to pray for the orphans...some are getting out but hundreds of thousands are still remaining behind right now. There are stories of gangs raiding the orphanages at gunpoint and of villagers standing at the orphanage gates to steal any supplies brought to them. These children's lives are in grave danger. Pray for God's protection and provision over them!
* For Nephthali orphanage. They are out of food (only 5 bottles left this morning)...pray for the loaves and fishes to be true of those bottles!
* An orphanage collapsed in the 6.0 aftershock. 56 children died, 74 survived. Those 56 were already matched with families in France. Please pray for those families. Pray for the 74 remaining that they would find families to love them and help them heal.
* Continue to pray for the orphanages and orphans, especially those orphans not already matched, that a way would be made to get them into famlies.
La Vavye Du Berdone (not sure of spelling). This is one of the poorest parts of Haiti. There are 6,000 people that have had NO help yet and are too injured to walk the mile to get down. Pray for access for the medical teams to get to them.
You can learn more here http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs047/1102756959056/archive/1102952483480.html
* Pray for 4Kids of South Florida as they try to find safe foster homes in case Haitian orphans are allowed to come to the US.
* Pray for James Schwarz who is doing medical relief work in Haiti.
* This is huge, everyday these children are more at risk from lack of water, malnutrition and disease. Please pray that the red tape is wiped out and that there can be a safe place for these children.
* Pray once again for: Lovely, Kendy, Amos, Ali, Alexander and Charly who I believe are still in Haiti at this point.
* Continue to pray for the parents who are waiting for their children to come home.
Pray for America World Adoption Association
AWAA is already working on how we can
> > help these children of Haiti. I just had
> > correspondence with Brian (our CEO) who is working on
> > our agency can do. Add our part and role to your
> > prayer list and that the US and Haiti governments will
> > together to get these children in loving homes as soon
> > possible instead of on the streets.
* I cannot even begin to guess at the number of children who have been orphaned through this earthquake. Pray for a way to put them in families. That governments will look beyond the paperwork and protocol to save these precious lives.
* Pray that the plight of these orphans continues to stay front and center in the media.
Pray for the Clays
They are missionaries living in Haiti...now doing emergency work. They have a very real post on their blog about the earthquake and how to best help. It is long so you can access it here http://www.apparentproject.blogspot.com/
Pray for the Livesays
They now have become a hospital housing 14 patients and treating tons more. They have also updated their blog: http://livesayhaiti.blogspot.com/
Thanks again for praying!!!!!