Hands and house

Hands and house

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

SO proud...

We are home from a 8-3 day of doctor's appointments and I could not be more proud to be the mama of sweet Georgia Mei. This little girl who has bravely faced so many giants in her life so far walked through today like a champ. She sat right down on the bed for the echocardiogram, lifted up her shirt and said, "off?" while staring at me with her big solemn eyes, then cuddled up with me and ate her fishie crackers while they ran the test. The EKG was not quite so smooth. As soon as those wires came around the corner her tears began. Even though her whole body shook with fear she held still and just kept saying, "off. off. off." as the lead stickers were added to her little chest. When it was time for the blood draw she sat up in the huge chair on my lap and with her bottom lip trembling held out her arm for the poke.
Sometimes I forget how small she is and what a big world she needs to operate in at times. Yes, many tears fell but I am so honored that when the tests were done or the pokes poked, she would nestle her little head right up on my chest and look at me with her big honest eyes and what I saw there was trust. I just held her each time saying, " I love you, I love you, I love you." What an honor to walk beside such a brave little soul.
Her tests all came out good! She is stable at this point. She will need to have some procedures in the cath lab but not for awhile and we do not have to go back for 6 months! 6 glorious months to just enjoy life and this little angel (who happens to have slept the 4 hours home and now is looking like she is ready for an all night party!).

3 comments:

Ginny said...

AMEN! Glad to hear it.

Melinda said...

I am so happy to hear this Shannon! What a wonderful report and a brave little girl!

Anonymous said...

So glad she's doing well and coping with the tests like a trooper! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails