Hands and house

Hands and house

Thursday, February 4, 2010

6 months ago...

    I walked over wires and construction equipment in a half torn down building in the dark in China. Down the hallway, one light was on and two people were standing in front of the door and I could just see the dark hair of a little child rocking on a bright green rocking horse...I then was whisked away to figure out paperwork in another room. After much arguing in Chinese between our guide and the authorities with me nodding and smiling, we were allowed passage and I met face to face with my bright-eyed, tiny miracle girl...

   
 6 months ago I held Georgia as she melted in my arms snuggling her head on my chest, arms around my waist. Her hand patting my back...


    6 months ago today I fell in love at a new level with this sweet, brave, tender girl. What a 6 months it has been! Now she runs like a tipsy crazy lady down our hallway careening behind her siblings. She giggles and giggles pulling up her shirt for more tickles and if we stop she tickles her own tummy! She screams at the top of her lungs, "DAAAADAAAAA!!!!" when she hears the gate open, wiggles from head to toe and dances with all her might until Doug opens the door. She cuddles up to play "nigh nigh" and pretends to pray for us as she closes her eyes and fake snores...She runs, arms open and jumps into my arms nestling her head on my chest. 

   Georgia Mei has brought more joy, and laughter into our home and more faith into our hearts than I could have ever dreamed possible. Who would have thought of the depth of God's love for one little family, the strength of His provision for one little girl, His healing of one tiny heart and His glory in a journey that we in no way thought we could walk.
    Is He whispering to you? Calling you to something? Asking you to step out? All that I can say is JUMP IN!!!!!! If you hear His voice, drop everything and follow. Let go of the worry of figuring it all out ahead of time, lay your fears before Him and....JUMP IN...what better hands could there possibly be to catch you? What better gift giver offering you a gift? JUMP IN :)  

Ephesians 3:20-21
  "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

6 comments:

TanyaLea said...

Happy 6mos Anniversary! WOW!!! ~ I so clearly remember the times leading up to your travels, and then following along on your journey as you met your sweet girl for the first time. I remember many, many prayers going up for you and sweet Georgia Mei...and I remember MANY ANSWERED prayers and divine appointments with our Heavenly Father! <>< Wow!...what a different a half-year makes. I can't wait to be writing that post myself! ;)

Blessings and Hugs,
~ Tanya

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Beautiful post..love your blog!!!

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Wow, 6 months time goes by too fast!! But not when you are waiting for a referral or travel! ha She is just beautiful.

Miller Moments said...

Love that last picture! What a great face. :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post...
Kelly

Gretchen said...

I remember so clearly going on this journey with you. What an amazing blessing that our little "Yulin sisters" are home where they belong.

Six months has gone by fast and I am so happy to see Georgia looking so healthy and happy. Being literally near death to what she is today is God's miracle to her and your whole family. I so enjoy seeing that sweet smiling face.

You know we love you all and pray for your family every day. I am so glad that God chose to connect our two families in this most precious way.

Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails