Hands and house

Hands and house

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Please help Lucy find her family!!!

This is sweet Lucy.....
        She is 2.5 years old and has a very serious congenital heart disease. She needs medical care, or her life will be cut short. A family did step forward to adopt her, but the adoption fell through. Now this little girl is waiting for a forever family AND lifesaving medical care.

        I cannot get Lucy off my heart and mind. Maybe it is because she is the same age as Georgia...has that same sparkle in her eye, maybe because her story is so close to Georgia's. I don't know how many of you know. Georgia's heart was very sick when we got her. The Cardiologist said if we would have gotten to her even 30 days later...she would not have been alive (you can read our journey here http://pandalily.com/miller/?paged=4). This situation could have been Georgia's. As I play with my little girl, as I tuck her in...now I also see sweet Lucy.


She reminds me so much of our Georgia Mei....

She waits in China...still for a family...or a doctor willing to operate on her.

Just look at the sparkle in those eyes!

I've been told that if we can find a doctor and a hospital that is willing to help Lucy at no cost, then perhaps we can get Lucy here on a medical visa. So the mission has begun.



Just precious beyond words...


The ideal situation would be for a paperwork ready family to come forward to adopt Lucy. Could that be YOU?? China is willing to expedite the process, waive certain fees, and possibly provide waivers for families that may otherwise not qualify. Even if your paperwork is not all the way finished it is possible that it would work. Please email Marci at marcisk@asiadopt.org if you are interested in adopting Lucy.


In the interim, if you know of anyone that would be willing to provide surgery for Lucy pro bono, please email  redthreadstitch@aol.com for more information. If she comes on a medical visa she will need a host family to care for her through thet surgery process.




Surely there is someone out there in this world full of people that can help give this one little child a chance...

    We CAN stand in the gap for Lucy...get the word out. Send a link to this blog or the others,  link it to your facebook status, add her to prayer chains. I fully believe that prayer moves mountains. Would you take time to commit to praying for Lucy daily? Would you consider fasting on her behalf?

 Psalm 34:17-18 says
The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;



                                                   he delivers them from all their troubles.


                                               The LORD is close to the brokenhearted


                                                and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

If you are considering adopting Lucy...please know that this verse above is so true. Our journey to Georgia was literally like walking a miracle. It was something that I never dreamed in a million years that I was strong enough to do. Truthfully, I wasn't. God carried us every step of the way and encouraged us so specifically with little miracles and huge ones. If you feel like the Lord might be leading you to this little girl, take that step. You will never be the same after journeying so close to the heart of God.

You can read a bit more about Lucy here http://asiahope.blogspot.com/
    


Thank you for praying Lucy to health and a family to call her own!

17 comments:

Amy said...

Makes my heart hurt. I will pray that Lucy's family finds her very soon. So glad you posted this.

Amy

Freely Living Life said...

Our prayers are with Lucy. <3

I found your blog through the Friday Follow. :)

Come on over and visit us when you have a free moment.

TanyaLea said...

I'm so glad you posted this, too. I've already read about Lucy and her story DOES remind me of your's and sweet Georgia Mei. I pray that her family comes forward ASAP and for the right hospital to take on her surgery and for wisdom for her surgeons.

Thanks for bringing more light to this little sweetheart, Shannon!

Blessings,
~Tanya

dustinnikki said...

Our prayers with Lucy too.

Happy Follow Friday. I'm your newest follower.

http://dustinnikki.blogspot.com/

Nicole

ThinkFeminist said...

Happy Friday Follow. I am your latest follower, you can also follow me at www.safehomehappymom.com

See you around!

Anonymous said...

I sit here and tears roll down my face. I will pray daily that a family steps up soon to help this sweet little girl. I wish I could help each and every little one that sits in an orphanage. I wish I could bring them all home with me and rock them to sleep and rub their back, telling them everything will be okay. Love you, Lucy

Jewels of My Heart said...

So many of us have had Lucy on our hearts for so long... I know that Jesus has a plan for her and am praying for that plan. Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone sees one of the many posts about little Lucy and they find their daughter and she is able to get the surgery and family she needs...
I am so thankful that your little Georgia is home with her family and her heart is strong.
Thank you so much for sharing about Lucy.
God bless you,
Daleea

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Thank you for posting this!! There are many seeds of hope that have been planted. We only need one of them to bloom!

Love and blessings,
Robin

Renee said...

We are too old to adopt :-) dont know any doctors....am to sick to fast, but can certainly put Lucy on our daily prayer list. God has a plan for precious Lucy and we pray someone will open their heart to this dear child.

Renee said...

We are too old to adopt :-) dont know any doctors....am to sick to fast, but can certainly put Lucy on our daily prayer list. God has a plan for precious Lucy and we pray someone will open their heart to this dear child.

Tara Anderson said...

Oh, this little one "gets" me. I remember when HTS first started advocating her (and two others) back several months ago. At that point we didn't meet the criteria to adopt but we had our eye on all three of those girls. It just breaks my heart to still see her waiting after all this time! I know we're in the company of many others who are "willing" but not DTC...or anyhwere close to it. I'm hoping for June, but know that it will most likely be July or August. From what I understand her agency has a "waiting list" of non-DTC families who are interested, just not anyone DTC yet. Oh how I pray that God blows the doors off of this one and brings her a family soon!!!

Jenny said...

Will be praying for Lucy! Wish we could have her! Found you through Friday Follow. Am now following you!

Jen said...

Shannon,
Do you know if anyone has contacted Riley Hospital for Children here in Indy? If not, I will contact Marin and Meisyn's Cardiologist. In fact we have appts Monday at Riley. But I can contact Dr.S now. Let me know. You can also email me.

Jen

veterankindergartenteacher said...

I will be praying for Lucy!

Blessings

Anonymous said...

Thank you for linking up with Friday Follow to bring awareness. I also appreciate your email. I will tweet this for you as well.

I wish Lucy well and that a family will come forward.

Lynn

The Brown Family said...

Shannon, I'm worried that my email isn't getting through to you.

You can email me back- I'm wondering what Lucy's diagnosis is?

You are the second person who has introduced Lucy to me. Is the Lord trying to tell me something??

Love
Kim Brown

Anonymous said...

I didnt know if you knew this but I followed the site for Lucy and was able to see that she was adopted by her forever family. This is the link to their site
http://ourplacecalledhome.blogspot.com/
She now goes by the name Teresa. I just thought you would like to know since her story was so similar to your Georgia's.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails