Hands and house

Hands and house

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Prayers for Our kiddos....

I came across something today...actually I look at it everyday. I hung it in our kitchen cupboard the day we moved in to our house 3 years ago. My thought was that I would see it there and use it often...

Well, instead, after three years it had become virtually invisible to me.
Today I pulled it down and re-committed to using it daily.

What is it you ask?

A little sheet of paper called

"31 Biblical Virtues to pray for your kids"

I stuck it there because I knew how important it was to be praying for my babies.

I have been praying for them but when I saw this list again, I was reminded of just how powerful it is.
Someone (not me!) took a lot of time to look up Scripture and to write it into prayers about the things that matter most for our kids.

It is so easy for me to get caught up in the next 'thing' my children need or the next behavior that might be in want of tweaking, or the next cool exoerience that might expand their sweet minds....

but this (whoever wrote it, there is no name on my copy) really gets back to the heart of things.

I believe without a doubt that prayer is THE MOST powerful things that we do for our kids.

So, in hopes of keeping myself accountable, I am going to write out each days prayer on here everyday....

Anyone who wants to can join me!

Today's prayer:

Hope
"May the God of hope grant that my children may overflow with hope and hopefulness by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13

Here's to raising up a generation of kids filled with True, Deep, Powerful Hope!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails