Hands and house

Hands and house

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Prayers Please!

   Ok...I know that I ask for prayer a lot on here but it is because I truly believe that God wants to know our hearts, to hear our cries and to meet us in the midst of the muck.
     Tomorrow morning Georgia has her sedated MRI for her brain. Sometimes when childre have midline heart abnormalities, they can also have brain abnormalities as these parts form at the same time in-utero. The whole procedure takes about 3 hours. I know that it is a minor deal but I still want to cover it in prayer. That her heart stays stable, that she feels peace and not trauma, that they get the images that they need.
   Also, we heard back from Ravenna's doctor and know a little bit more about her blood stuff. She actually does not have VonWillebrand's Disease...but her bloodwork was still off. They tested one vial of blood incorrectly so she will have to have another blood draw tomorrow :( So while I am at one hospital having Georgia sedated, Doug will be at another with Ravenna getting her blood drawn. From there, we will now be referred to a Hemotologist. Because it is not Von Willebrand's, it is something more complicated and rare but still will require more testing to figure it out. If the one vial that they need to re-test comes back abnormal then, from what I can tell it would point towards Hemophilia A which is very rare in females but not impossible....if not, her clotting times are still too long so something else is going on. Nothing like waiting to keep us on our toes!
    I keep thinking today about these Scriptures:
For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

 My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place,

when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

 Your eyes saw my unformed body;

all the days ordained for me were written in your book

before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:13-16
 
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
  Matthew 6:34
 
I am just so thankful for these kids, they make my whole life sparkle and I would walk through fire for them. So tomorrow may be a bit rough but getting to be their Mama far outweighs it all.

5 comments:

Abby said...

Will pray and wonder if you are still making your way up to Seattle Children's. I love you and am heartsick that it has been so long since I last was in the presence of your family

Carla said...

what a lot on going on right now. I will be praying for you today!

Jdaniels said...

Will be praying!

Renee said...

Keeping your girls and whole famly in prayer, Shannon...for all that you mentioned. They are children of the light and God is walking with touching them with His healing love....We praise you Jesus for all you are doing in the lives and bodies of these precious little ones.

TanyaLea said...

Just thinking of you and wondering how yesterday went?! You are and will remain in my prayers. Hang in there, Shannon. I love that you set your affections on those scriptures, those words of promise from our Heavenly Father. We are standing on those promises in agreement with you over your precious girlies. They are blessed to have such a wonderful, God-serving, Jesus-loving mama like yourself! <><

Love you,
~Tanya

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails