Hands and house

Hands and house

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Praise in the Midst of the Muck...

        Today it feels a bit like I am knee deep in muck trying to lift my hands in praise. We still do not have any information about Georgia's heart monitorings and I foolishly had begun to believe that she had been somehow getting abit better....then, about an hour ago she told me that she had just stopped telling us when she had pain or 'funny boom-booms' because, "I no like my sheen anymore". She cries when we put it on and her little chest is getting red and raw where the elcetrodes need to go. She does seem to have a bit more energy and I am thinking it is because we have slowed down a bit the last few days. Also, I had backed off on watching her so closely thining she had become used to the monitor and would let me know. Kindof kicking myself now however :(
    But here's the thing the God keeps echoing in my mind. There is so much power when we choose to praise Him in the midst of the storm. It so so easy to praise Him at the end when the sun peaks out, when answers come, when problems fade but there is something raw and healing in saying, "God you are still good when all I can see is the muck, when all I can feel is the fear, when all I want is out of this spot." To then plant our feet and raise our eyes and hearts to Him and say, "I still choose to praise." is the one thing that can break down that fear.
   It does not crumble because I become strong, it does not crumble because I somehow have answers. It crumbles when I surrender my tender, bruised very frightened heart to the One who made it and put my trust back in Him that He will hold it still.

Let the weakling say,

“I am strong!”
Joel 3:10
 
That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10
 
and once again I am reminded that this world is not our home. There is somewhere so much better where hearts are whole and answers are to be had and we can see fully the 'whys' of this journey.
 
For now, I think it's time to put on a little praise music :) 

3 comments:

Jdaniels said...

I've been praying for you and Georgia and your family. I can tell that God is doing so much right now with you - your tenderness and openness before the Lord has been such a testimony for me. It seems that the only way we can really grow in our relationship with Christ, is to be broken, so that all we can do is turn to Him. It's not an enjoyable experience, but a necessary one - and once it's over, we can look back and see how He was there and led us every step of the way.

Stephanie said...

You are a constant source of inspiration to me! Sending prayers!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

I am praying for you today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails