I'm about to load Ravenna up into the car. She is already up and in her cozy jammies cuddling in bed with her Daddy. Today is a pretty big day and honestly, I feel pretty shaky about it. So....once again, here we are asking for prayers.
* Could you pray for peace and not fear? The doctors have express some fears about not getting her bleeding to stop easily (said it might be big, messy, ugly etc) I just don't want them operating with fear but with confidence and peace.
* Peace for Ravenna. Last night she shared that she was having some "yucky scary thoughts and even though she knew those things wouldn't happen she wanted me to pray"
* That her blood would behave PERFECTLY. The surgery itself is not a huge deal, it would typically be a day surgery but with the unknown of her blood disorder it changes things...a ton.
* This seems silly but we have to be at the hospital at 6am for a 10am surgery. This is because she needs to take a certain medicine to hopefully help her blood to clot. No pharmacy in the Gorge or Portland area had this medicine in Pediatric form. So...that means we get to be there extra early just so she can get this dose of medicine and then hang out for 4 hours with no food etc. My friend Joyce brought us their I pad last night and I think it will be a godsend!
* Then lastly, for peace in recovery. Ravenna knows a lot of what is going on but still, she is just a little girlie and has been so traumatized by all of the poking and testing from the last year. Even a small blood draw typically takes at least 4 people to restrain her...so will you pray for supernatural peace?
Thank you all SO much. It is times like this that I really see, feel and know the power of prayer and how much God cares for even the little things.