Hands and house

Hands and house

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Looking for the silver linings :)


Miss Georgia Mei and I are hanging out today letting her rest. She is SUCH a gift. This week she keeps giving me kisses on my cheeks and saying, "Mama I love your kisses so I'm giving you some of mine!" Who can be stressed with that kind of sweetness going on?

This week I keep learning about choices. When things are hard and scary, I can choose to give in to fear or I can choose to trust. It has been a week of Georgia turning blue, being worn out and so much more...and I can get lost in that so easily....but then I miss the sweetness. The sweetness of Parker snuggling up next to me in the wee early hours, his soft hair tickling my face as he says, "Oh I love this Mama..." the sweetness of Ravenna reading her sister to sleep and sneaking out for one, two or three more goodnight kisses...I would miss Parker being enthralled with the thermometer the neighbor loaned us (one of the ones you put on your forhead) and trying to take the temperature of his armpit, foot and ahem...little boy parts.

I would miss the stillness of the house when they are asleep and the Lord whispering His promises, like this:

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

or the sweetness of a friend texting me Bible verses and a reminder that she loves me, like this:

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27

and

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:28-29

or the meals and phonecalls and visits asking what can be done to help...seriously....we are so sweetly blessed, I have not had to cook at all. I might get spoiled here soon!

So, I find myself faced with choices over and over again, choose the fear and worry or just look up...because God is leaving reminders everywhere right now.

We do have a few other little answers starting to peek through too...

* Ravenna's Hematologist called yesterday to say they think they know what is going on with her blood! this is HUGE after a year of testing. They need to do two more blood tests to make sure before giving a diagnosis...yes I laughed out loud when she told us about the tests. I asked what we could do to help Ravenna through them and then the Hematologist laughed out loud! She said, "Well the anti-anxiety meds obviously didn't work! How about hypnosis????" Seriously? Seriously. SO we'll cross that bridge when we get there and I am choosing to be thankful that we have at least some direction.

* Parker slept through the night, no nightmares!!!!!!!!! This is huge. The sweet boy is also reaching out to his classmate who has a sister that was just diagnosed with cancer. He is so very proud to help this friend understand about hospitals and being the sibling helper.

* The Cardiologist is supposed to be calling sometime today about Georgia. We are praying hard that there are some concrete answers for her as well.

So...I'm off to cuddle with Miss Georgia who is laying low in her bedroom....gotta fill those cheeks up with more kisses that she loves!

6 comments:

Ben and Rach said...

Continuing to pray. So glad there are so many blessings along the way!

Ben and Rach said...

Continuing to pray. So glad there are so many blessings along the way!

Unknown said...

Praying for Georgia, Shannon and for Ravenna too. So thankful you are receiving an annointing of blessings as you walk through this. Praying for complete healing for both Georgia and Ravenna.... I like what I heard lately from a Bible teacher, "the lights of heaven will not dim if you ask for complete healing!"
Hugs to you and lots of prayers...

Chrissie said...

continuing to pray for your little ones and for peace for you. i can only imagine how hard it is to chose peace when your babies are scared. i am sure as soon as our baby is here i will be needing to call on God to make those verses hold fast in my own heart too. Bless you

TanyaLea said...

I am so glad you have so many people reaching out and blessing your life in this hard season. Keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers, and praying for more of God's promises to unfold before you.

Parker is such a sweetheart reaching out to his classmate like that... what a mature young man. Clearly he is a beautiful reflection of his parents!

Love & Hugs,
~Tanya

Christabelle said...

Why is it I cry when I read your blog? I am praying fervently for you and your little ones. I am encouraged by God's faithfulness to you through His words and His people. I am thankful He is showing you the sweet things in life. And I pray that He continues to uphold you and to strengthen you.

My love to you!

Christabelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails