So...besides growing lots of gray hairs and biting our fingernails off, what happens next? The porcess of adopting through China's Waiting Child program is a bit complicated. SO here's my best attempt to explain:
SO far we have
1. Compiled our dossier and sent it to China (took almost a year)
2. Received our referral for Georgia on 3/31/09
3. Sent our Letter of Intent on 4/1/09
4. PA (Preliminary Acceptance) we are waiting for this from China now. This should come sometime in May and it says they have read our Letter of Intent and think we would be a good match for Hua Yu Xian and they will go review our dossier.
5. LOA (Letter of Acceptance) we wait for this after we get our PA. This says that it is official that we are accepted as the parents of Hua Yu Xian. Not sure how long it takes to get this, could be weeks or months, just depends on China.
6. TA (Travel Approval) after LOA we wait for approval from the Chinese government to travel to China to get our daughter! This is when we will have an idea of when we will travel!
7. CA (Consulate Appointment) the final thing we will need! This is the last appointment that we will go to when in China, it is where Georgia gets her visa to come home. Once we have this date then we can book flights and get this show on the road!
Phew...so we still have a bit of waiting to do and honestly it is really hard! We keep staring at this beautiful picture of our sweet little girl and we just want to get her home. We would love prayers to be patient in the wait and also for Georgia's health to remain stable so that we can get her here to the help that she needs!
Here's hoping that we can post that we have received some of these crazy letters soon!