Hands and house

Hands and house

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

When the dog bites, when the bee stings...

When I'm feeling sad. I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad!!!!
Today we were told by the cardiologist who will treat Georgia when she comes home that they cannot meet with us or answer any of our questions until they see her in person which is understandable but beyond frustrating!!! They told us to meet with her cardiologist in China! I have emailed back to remind them that we are talking about a little girl waiting in an orphanage who has no cardilogist, has had no treatment and has no one to advocate for her right now oh and also, I will be heading over there to one of the poorest parts of China to bring her home on an airplane flight that may or may not be life threatening, armed with (right now) only the information I can glean from the internet (yikes!). So.....today I am focusing on a few of my
favorite things!!!

My little girl cuddling with her Daddy after twirling and dancing to show off her first "real ballerina" dress for her performance coming up.


My little guy who even bathes in his hardhat!!!!
And hopefully soon I can show you the picture that I stare at everyday of our sweet little Georgia waiting in China!!!!!
Hugs to you all!

3 comments:

Ben and Rach said...

That is so frustrating!!!! Doctors can be such a pain!! Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm praying for you. I also have an idea that MAY help.....

I'm wondering if you've found a local parent support group for parents of children with her heart condition. When teaching sped, I found parents to be EXTREMELY knowledgable b/c they experienced the difficulties first hand and were the primary care-givers for the daily medical care once home.

So, I'm wondering if your drs. aren't willing to communicate with you...perhaps the support group would. It'd probably be helpful for after she comes home too. :) Just a thought.

Keep your chin up!
<3 Elizabeth Mills

Shannon said...

THanks so much guys! Elizabeth, that is a great idea! I joined a group last week and was matched with two "mentor families" they are geat but their kids were diagnosed at birth and had surgery within the first few months of life...I guess I need to keep looking!!!! Thanks so much for the prayers!!!!! Praying for you too :) All in God's timing right???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails