Hands and house

Hands and house

Sunday, June 21, 2009

That needle in the haystack....

So we ended Friday evening in tears after being told by Fed Ex that they did not know where our package was and that they would not be looking for it. We were told by multiple employees there that it could be lost for weeks, somewhere in thousands of containers each one full of thousands of envelopes all looking just like our package. We started praying for a miracle...
On Saturday we decided to get away from the house and computer and head to the mountains with the kids to go camping. We spent the day loving on our little ones and begging the Lord for a miracle all in the midst of hiking, pitching the tent etc. We found the best, beautiful secluded little campsite that we have ever seen and curled up with our books for a bit.
I pulled out 'Hind Feet in High Places' by Hannah Hurnard. It is an old favorite of mine and it had just come in from the library. I got as far as the preface and this is what I read:
" One morning during the daily Bible reading on our mission compound in Palestine, our little Arab nurse read from Daily Light a quotation from Song of Songs, "The voice of my Beloved! behold, he cometh leaping uopn the mountains, skipping upon the hills" (Song of Solomon 2:8). When asked what the verse meant, she looked up with a happy smile of understanding and said, "It means there are no obstacles which our Savior's love cannot overcome, and that to him, mountains of difficulty are as easy as an asphalt road!"

We continued enjoying us by the stream watching the kids walk on logs and spin each other in the hammock until just about bedtime. Then Doug & I both felt like we were supposed to go home. So, instead of tucking our kids in, we took down the tent, packed up the camp and headed home. On the way home we talked and prayed about what our next steps would be concerning getting to Georgia. You see, we had been made a very generous offer by someone with incredibly big connections and we were trying to figure out if God wanted us to push every limit to get to her or to sit still and wait. We had decided to wait utnil Monday so that we could talk to our adoption agency about these options As a mama who has a very sick daughter on the other side of the earth who needs open heart surgery as soon as possible, it was incredibly tempting to just shout "Yes!" and get her here tomorrow....but there are so many other factors involved in adoption and above all we want to get Georgia in God's timing, not our own. It was an incredibly hard day of laying my will down before God.
We got home late and finally tucked the kids in to bed. Hanging out in the kitchen we were mulling things over and Doug brought up the idea of checking the tracking of our package one more time before bad. I told I that the idea made me feel like throwing up but we decided to check anyways. I think that few seconds of watching the Fed Ex tracking icon move will be etched on my brain forever. It moved from Initiated to Picked up to In Transit to....Delivered!!!!!!!!!!!

Delivered! The needle in a haystack has been found! It is sitting at the front door of our agency ready to be picked up and shipped off to join the others in Beijing tomorrow....it has been almost a whole day since we saw this on the screen and I have refreshed it about a billion times just to watch that little arrow go over to the "delivered" spot!
Today, I have felt like God has given me a picture about this journey. I am a very visual person and God sometime does this for me. The picture is actually from something very simple that Ravenna and I did awhile back. My parents had been down for the weekend and it was time for them to go. Ravennawas barefoot waving like crazy in our driveway and shouting, "I love you, drive safely!" as they backed up. Then she wanted to go out to the sidewalk so I carried her "piggyback" her over the rocky asphalt to the sidewalk and we waved like crazy some more.
It is in that picture of carrying her piggyback that I see what the Lord is doing for me. This journey is crazy, bumpier than anything I have ever walked before. There are times when I try to walk it myself over the sharp rocks but He is always right there saying, "hop up". It does not mean that I do not have to cross the rocky road or even that the road will be perfectly comfortable but what it DOES mean is that my job is to focus on hanging on and trusting that the One holding me is going to carry me through...rather than obsessing on each poky little rock.
I'm off to watch that little arrow move to "delivered" one more time!!!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE PRAISE PRAISE, HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH!!! Thank you God, Praise you Jesus!! Amen!!!

The Vinyards said...

I've been awaying from blogs for awhile. I was panicked when I started reading your posts. Thank goodness the package was found. God is awesome!
Jennifer

Lerah said...

I didn't mean to post anonymously above, we are so so so happy and amazed at what God has done / is doing. My mom is in town and has really enjoyed reading your blog. She has been praying for Georgia (before reading the blog). Yay. Delight. Praise. Thank you God. Love, Lerah

Jolene Powell said...

Oh thank you Lord! Please do a follow up Blog so that I'll know your agency safely has it. I have chills! Praise God!

Ginny said...

Still rejoicing with you. Email me tomorrow when you hear that they have it in their hands and it is on the way to China.
G

Ben and Rach said...

That is so crazy! Praise the Lord!

Wife of the Pres. said...

OK, PRAISE GOD first of all! I had no doubt HE COULD FIND that needle in the haystack!!! I'm curious if His helper in Memphis (from RQ) was able to be a vital part. :)) Also, please tell me that someone at AWAA has the package, right? Please tell me it is not sitting outside on a sidewalk or something??? OK, I'm sure you've already thought of that. I think I could dig up Anna's emergency cell# if you want it!

And Shannon, your word picture is gorgeous!!! Get ready 'cause He is going to say "hop on" again before this journey is over. Love it!!!

Cheri said...

Praise the Lord! What a huge relief. Praying everything goes smooth from here on out.

Jen said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

Ann Trubey said...

Yeah God!!!! I'm so happy, Shannon! I love the piggyback analogy! I'm going to remember that one! I can't wait to hear that you are headed to China!

Love,
Ann

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool place you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Best wishes
Darek Wish

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails