First of all...thank you SO much for all of your emails and for those that are sending in prayer requests. Please pass this list on in any way that works. These are real lives that are literally hanging in the balance.
James 5:16 says, "The prayer of a righteous man (or woman) is powerful and effective." I am standing on faith that our prayers are making a difference.
New requests for today (please also see the posts from the last two days for more requests):
Pray for the orphanages, these are the ones that I know of:
* Foyer de Sion orphanage in Port au Prince ( Fontamara) this is where Lovely is
* Maison de Enfants des Dieu - Delmas 31, #32 Port au Prince is Kendy's. PLEASE keep calling and writing your public officials....
* For His Glory orphanage is the one without water or formula, where a staff member has died but the body is still there. Pray for a little boy named Rob and his adoptive parents the Confer family who are waiting to bring him home.
*Brebis de Saint-Michel de L'Attalaye orphanage.
* Pray that God will move the mountains of paperwork and red tape to evacuate these children and bring them to their homes.
* Again pray for Kendy, Lovely, Ali, Amos and Charly who all have adoptive families waiting for them.
Please pray for Nikki and Susette who are in Haiti giving medical aid:
Greetings all, in the Mighty Name of Jesus....I'm happy to say that I spoke with Nikkie and Susette tonight via Skype (thank God for technology),,,,Nikkie sounds great...very energetic in spite of being up throughout the night dressing wounds, "casting" limbs, etc. etc....Susette says she has been incredible throughout and has become His hands and feet wherever needed. Susette and the rest of the family are doing very well. We did get a very sad report that one of the young men, Daniel, who we all knew and loved was killed....please pray for the family, especially for his mother Matilia, a sweet woman of God who spends many hours of the day interceding on behalf of the people of Haiti...this is the second time tragedy like this has struck their family...her husband was shot and killed in front of the family a few years back, and now the horror of losing her eldest son. Through it all we continue to press through and pray that God will be glorified in the midst of all this and that those who are on the front lines will be strengthened and sanctified as they lay down their lives for the poor people of Haiti. Be blessed.(Isaiah 58:10 - 11).
From the Livesay family
Report of Praise
All of our people are on the ground. Tomorrow is a go. I finally feel totally emotionally done ... I think having one of my best friends (Dr. Jen Halverson) landing here is what it took to bring down the wall that is separating me from feeling things.
I just wanted to quickly report this great piece of news.
We need you. Help the people of Haiti. Help them see pieces of hope in this nightmare. Help us connect with people on a personal level. Help us know what it is they need from you today and guide each person on this island that is attempting to be love today. Amen.
Let's keep praying...
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
Please read the two posts below as there are more specific requests that are important.