Tonight, as I pray I am compiling a list of specific ways to pray for Haiti. Please add in as you feel led and correct any information as it changes.
* Protection: That God would protect the Haitians and everyone involved in helping with the relief effort.
* That God would pave a way for medical supplies and professionals to get to the wounded. That He would ignite the hearts of people with medical experience to go and serve.
* For clean and abundant water.
* For peace that passes all understanding for those serving, living and greiving in Haiti.
* For health, miraculous health.
* For the orphans waiting for their families, and for those who still have no prospective parents, that God will make a way. Scripture promises that God places the lonely in families. I pray that He would use this tragedy to bring even more children into forever homes. Specifically for Amos, Lovely, Charly, and Kendy.
* For the families waiting to go and get their children...that the Lord would bring them deep peace and would specifically open all of the doors to expedite these adoptions.
* Scripture also says, "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest." I pray that people would seek and find this rest in the Lord.
* For God to magnify and multiply the money that is being donated, that it would be protected from corruption.
* That God would raise up leaders to heal the Haitian country.
* That God would sustain the families serving in Haiti. Specifically the Livesay family. ( Visit their blog for very firsthand information http://livesayhaiti.blogspot.com/)
* Pray that God would raise up people to pray, people to get the word out, people that would not let this all become back-burner news.
Thank you that you are a God who hears, knows and acts. Act mightily now for the people of Haiti. You are a God of compassion and I claim Your compassion over the People of Haiti right now. Thank you that prayer is powerful, thank you that we can pray to You. Please etch prayers for the people of Haiti onto our hearts so that we cannot turn away...
**** I just received this via email and wanted to add it...
Specific Ways to Pray for
> Haiti ..... January 14th, 2010
> by Jonathan
> 1. Pray for those in need
> of rescue that it will come swiftly. There are many who are
> in need of miracles.
> That teams would arrive an hour sooner, that dogs would
> catch a faint scent
> amidst the stench of death, that the
> right piece of concrete would be moved. For
> all the training and
> effort that the courageous rescue teams put in, at this
> point they need
> miracles more than anything else.
> 2. Pray for the rescuers – safety,
> rest, encouragement, in the midst of horror and
> unrelenting pain. The
> job that the rescue
> teams face is completely overwhelming and they will fail
> many more times than
> they will succeed. Rescue teams suffer great personal
> trauma and often become
> suicidal months after an event. Pray for these courageous
> men and women now
> and after they return.
> 3. Pray for families that have witnessed the
> unthinkable, are worried about loved ones, and fearful
> for their own safety.
> For every person who is missing, dead or severely injured
> in the quake there
> are ten more who care about them and find themselves
> unable to do anything
> about it. Pray that emotional needs would receive
> attention amidst all of the
> physical needs.
> 4. Pray for children who need comfort and safety, hugs
> and reassurance – even if they are physically
> “fine.” Children are the most
> vulnerable amidst the aftermath of a disaster. Every
> child whose world has
> been disrupted, seen the death of another person or lost
> friends or family is
> in need of emotional care, even if they have not suffered
> physical harm
> 5. Pray for governments and authorities that all red tape
> would dissappear and corruption would cease.
> has been the poorest nation in the Western hemisphere for
> a long time and
> there are many problems that were there before the
> earthquake. While the
> attention of the world is on
> Haiti , it is time for governments and
> authorities within
> Haiti to act for the good of the
> people and not to promote their political agenda or to
> line their own
> 6. Pray for relief agencies to have wisdom and compassion
> make a lasting difference in
> Haiti . The earthquake is a
> great opportunity for
> aid agencies working in
> Haiti to make forward progress in a
> nation where things have only steadily gotten worse. But
> long lasting change
> will come through courageous and wise decisions that deal
> with the source of
> 7. Pray for those around you that they would respond not
> with what they can do, but with their heart. The
> temptation that we all have
> is to give a small donation and call it the best that we
> can do. We all have
> many reasons why we cannot give more. Pray that hearts
> would be moved and that
> people would be truly generous. For those of us using
> social media like
> Facebook or Twitter, this means that we should get
> involved, make connections
> and let it be personal.
> 8. Pray for yourself that you would have a
> heart of compassion.
> People have been suffering in
> for a long time, but now the attention of the world is
> upon it because of the
> disaster. A heart of compassion will allow itself to
> continue caring long
> after the media has
> lost interest.