Hands and house

Hands and house

Monday, August 30, 2010

Just a prayer request today...

   Tomorrow is my second surgery (2 in weeks how fun is that????) bright and early at 7am tomorrow. I met with the surgeon today and it is a bit more major than I understood before...basically the same incision as a hysterectomy but a much deeper and tricky procedure :( Anyhow, I want to be honest here and say that I am weary, I am scared and I hate that I will have to be away from my kids for one, possibly two nights. I know in the big scheme of things, this is such small potatoes compared to so many surgeries etc. But I also know that we are called to be honest and help carry one another's burdens, so would you mind praying?
   Specifically for:
* They are operating dagerously close to the sciatic nerve, if it gets damaged I will have leg and back pain for the rest of my life. Could you pray for protection that they won't damage it?
* Please pray for my kids. I love them so incredibly much and it is hard on them when I am gone or in pain. Especially Ravenna who keeps hugging me and saying "I don't want Mama to get cut again." usually with tears in her eyes. They will be fabulously happy with their grandparents who all take such incredible care of them.
* This will be a rare night (or two) when I am not there to tuck them in, and it breaks my heart please pray for peace for us all.

  Thank you so much, I know God is so much bigger than all of this and that your prayers really matter.
Hugs,
Shannon

10 comments:

Stephanie @ It Is Well said...

Praying!

Renee said...

I will be praying Shannon...God will be with you in the operating room and he will be guiding the surgeon's hands...

Anonymous said...

praying...and praying hard for your kids as well. It's so very hard when Mommy's aren't there for them like they want. {HUG}

Stephanie said...

Praying!!!! with all my heart!

Elizabeth Mills said...

Thank you for sharing so openly. I am happy to pray for you, your surgical team, your protection and peace for you and your little ones.

Love you,
Elizabeth

Adrianne in Portland said...

Wishing you a successful surgery and fast recovery!
Adrianne & Bob

Jdaniels said...

I'll be praying also - for you and your kids! I'll be praying that the doctor's have the wisdom to know exactly what to do in any given moment, and that the Lord guides their hands each step of the procedure. I'll pray that you completely and totally recover with no side effects from the anesthesia. And that your kids have a wonderful time with their grandparents, and are able to trust God that He'll take good care of you! And I'll pray for your husband, that he'll have the patience and the strength to get through these next few days with you "indisposed".

Unknown said...

Praying for you!

Erica said...

Praying for you today.

Christabelle said...

My prayers are with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails