Hands and house

Hands and house

Thursday, August 4, 2011

2 Years Ago Today...

         The Grandmas and I stepped into a gutted, dark building in China with wires hanging from the ceiling and water puddling on the floor to meet one of the greatest gifts in my whole life. Miss Georgia Mei.

The building

Our bright eyed and very frail little girl...

First kiss! How I had longed to know the feel of kissing her sweet head... 
and begged that God would keep her heart healthy enough to get her home

 My 17 pound almost 2 year old darling...

So much joy and loss all jumbled together


Holding my baby girl for the first time...


Falling asleep in my arms after meeting Doug over Skype

It was a journey that changed everything and my heart will never be the same...

God is so faithful and so deeply good,
Far beyond anything I ever dreamed...

Is God calling you to risk in some way? Whispering to your heart? Run, jump, leap at the chance because He will catch you every time. He longs to show us more of His heart and life will be fuller, richer, deeper than you could ever imagine.

 I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
John 10:10

8 comments:

Shonni said...

Amen! Your last paragraph was perfect for me today.
Thank you

Valerie and Jeff said...

WOW. I can only imagine your thoughts as you entered that broken-down building!!
Interesting how such beautiful things were inside the shabby exterior. So much could be said about that. Talk about a picture saying a thousand words.
Beauty from the ashes.
Georgia has blossomed and grown to reveal what a beautiful gem she has always been! So thankful for her first life-saving surgery! And she's grown so much too! I can't believe how little she was! Praying that her heart continues to heal.
Hugs on this anniversary.

Renee said...

Hold tight to your sweet Georgia and rejoice in how far she has come...What a wonderful gift to you all!~ and you to her. God bless your day as you celebrate.

Naomi said...

I'll never forget your trip there and all the prayers we lifted to Jesus to bring you all home safely. He has been faithful!

Gretchen said...

Oh, sweet Ms Grorgia! I remember very well that day. I am so glad that God got you home safely (we prayed hard for that one). I just love how God has blessed your family through all of the beautiful children that He has given you.

TanyaLea said...

Has it really been 2 years already!?! Goodness time flies, I remember it as though it were yesterday!!

...probably in part because your journey to sweet Georgie Mei left a deep imprint on my heart. I'll never forget all that I learned through your travels to her and how deeply she grieved... but how sensitive you were to that brokenness and how you held her close, rocking her and looking deep into her beautiful brown eyes as she cried each tear, and how you just loved on her and cried right along with her, letting her know you were there and you understood her heartache. That moment pierced through me like nothing else, and helped me in my own moments with Khloe, just 1/2 a year later.

Happy Georgia Mei Day and give that precious girlie a hug for me, will ya!?!

OXO,
Tanya

Unknown said...

Beautiful, so beautiful.

Did you get my emails about the story behind the Kenyan jewelry?

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Precious precious post! LOVED seeing that sweet baby in your arms. We have a HUGE prayer request. God is working big in our lives and we need complete direction from Him. Blessings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails