Hands and house

Hands and house

Thursday, May 3, 2012

"Mama, I have Jesus to keep me safe..."

 There she lay, big brown eyes looking up at me as I re-tucked the wires of her heart monitor into their little pouch. Miss Georgia Mei with her heart full of love snuggled up in her soft pink blankies. As I leaned over to kiss her goodnight, she gently held my my necklace.
" What is this Mama?"
" It is a necklace that was Grampie Tom's. Grammie Pat gave it to me because she thought I would like it."
" Mama, it keeps you safe."
" Well...I wear it to remember Grampie Tom who I loved very much."
" Mama, I have Jesus who died on the cross to keep me safe."

Then, with those big earnest eyes focus intently on me she said,

" Jesus died on the cross and he promises to come in through our eyes. Then we see him on the inside....Mama he will do that for everybody who asks him to."

" Do you see him baby girl?"

"Oh yes Mama, on the inside all the time."

Then she nestled her head into her pillow and closed her eyes...
I leaned down to kiss that sweet cheek of the little girl who teaches me so much everday.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Amazing, precious, profound. Thank you for sharing Georgia's words with us. Faith like a child.....what we all need. Hugs to you dear, and prayers for your sweet family.

Brittany Gilbarte said...

Oh, wow! That is so amazingly sweet. I sure do love the "child-like" faith and understanding so many sweet children have.

Blessings,
Brittany

BARBIE said...

Oh wow! Some days I just want to be a child again. They connect with God so easily.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails