Hands and house

Hands and house

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Blessed

I read this this morning and it fits where my heart is right now. We walked so close to the edge once again but the Lord carried us. I feel like with all three kids we have been given the chance to peek into what 'could have been' for them...and it makes each day seem like a sweet, sweet dream....

This is part of Matthew 5 from The Message:

"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule.
4 "You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you.
5 "You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought."

May you live today in the knowledge of just how blessed you really are.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful! Ans so so true!!!!

Renee said...

Yes we are blessed. I often say, Even on my worst day I am so blessed!

Valerie and Jeff said...

Thank you for this beautiful reminder from Matt.! (I don't have this translation but i keep coming across it being referenced and it speaks so plainly.) I had to borrow it from you today for my own post--it fit so perfectly. Thank you and I'm so elated that Parker will not lose his sight! I'm praying for some boring medical visits for you for awhile ... okay?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails