Hands and house

Hands and house

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Her "Conandments"

Last night Doug brought home dessert...which is a rare treat at our house!

Each kid could have some as soon as they cleaned their rooms.

Parker quickly announced, "I'm not really a sweets guy."

and Georgia said that she didn't want any either.

Miss Ravenna got right to work cleaning she and Georgia's room:)

When it came time to get the treat there were many big crocodile tears on the part of our littlest girlie.


Her amazing Daddy took her to her room, held her close and explained why she chose to not have dessert....but the sweet girl could not stop crying!


After about ten minutes she suddenly stopped and wiped the tears from her face.

When I asked her what helped her to stop she said,

"It was my 10 Conandments Mama, they are my secret. I listen to them and they help me to do the right thing."

You see her incredible pre-K teacher teaches all of the kids the 10 Comandments.


and you can bet we found a chore for her to do so she could get a little something sweet!




2 comments:

Renee said...

Your sweet children speak such precious words and set such good examples for us adults!

Leslie said...

Oh so thankful for grace aren't you? I can imagine her Daddy had to find something for her to do.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails