We are up and getting ready to head out for Parker's Electroretinogram
this test is much more invasive than the last.
Could you specifically pray for:
* Eye drops: He has to have multiple rounds of eye drops, some of them that will sting. He has to be able to open his eyes so we can get them in. We have been practicing with saline but could you please pray that he remains calm and we can get those drops in?
* Once the drops are in we have to sit in the dark for 45 minutes while his eyes dialate. He is a little bit afriad of the dark, can you pray for peace?
* For the test they will place a contact lens that is surrounded by metal caging onto each of his eyes (at the same time). This has wires coming out of it and looks pretty intense. Could you again pray for peace? He has to be willing to open his eyes and let them put the "robot eyes" onto his, can you pray that he will be brave?
* Those stay on for hours making it so that he cannot blink while they flash a series of bright lights into his dialated eyes. Please, please pray for the room to be filled with peace during this!
* Then could you again pray that his joy and innocence be protected? That he will be free of fear? That I will be peaceful too :)
* Finally, prayers for clear results. They have said that it is possible to go through all of this and still not find a diagnoses.
Well....off to our next adventure and SO thankful that we are not alone.