Once again the little pink polka dot bag is packed with jammies and stuffed animals to come to the hospital with us tomorrow.
We need to be there at 6am and every time I think about it my stomach churns...
I would do just about anything to not have to hand my baby girl over again knowing that they will be entering and repairing her heart.
It is so easy to slip into the "what-ifs" and risks of it all....
I do have a choice.
I am choosing to look upward instead.
This last weekend I got to be the emcee at our church's women's retreat...
it was an incredible weekend and God was so very close,
reminding me exactly whose hands she is in.
At one point I mentioned that my little girl had a heart condition and that we cared enough to walk the hard road of handing her over for surgery so that she could be healthy....
This is what God does for us to isn't it...calling us to look deeply at the hard stuff that bogs us down?
after that session a woman came up to me and said, "I know just how you feel."
Her daughter had a heart condition and had been through 2 heart surgeries.
Then she introduced me to her stunningly beautiful 24 year old daughter who was just beaming.
Oh to see her so vibrant and full of joy!
Then just today,
I was at church on some business and my friend Teri & I prayed together about the surgery.
Right afterwards we were standing in the office and she said, "are these yours?"
It was a basket of rocks I had brought to the retreat.
At the end of the retreat we had women take one and write on it symbolizing either a burden they had let go of (then thrown the rock in the ocean) or something God had done that they wanted to remember.
As we were talking, Teri was running her hands over the rocks....not looking she held one up while saying, "They are so beautiful"
The one she held up was a perfect, beautiful heart shaped rock!
Now I have my own promise rock to carry around...
God's special promise just for me that He holds her heart in the palm of His hand!
Georgia is doing great...
I explained everything to her tongiht and she said
"Oh yeah Mama...I remember everything about this hospital...I'll take a nap and the machine will go up into my heart and fix that hole....then I'll wake up and get a popsicle. I think I want an orange one."
Oh her trust is so astounding to me!
So....would you please pray for us?
* We have to be at the hospital at 6am...this means leaving at 4:30 from our house. Could you pray for alertness and safety as we drive?
* For absolute perfection during the whole surgery....that every tool used will go exactly where it is supposed to and do it's job perfectly.
* That the device they are implanting would completely hold and block the hole.
* That Georgia would have God's perfect peace that transcends understanding.
* For her recovery. She really struggled during one of her heart caths...please pray that her heart will do exactly what it is supposed to!
* For all of us, that we will keep our minds and hearts fixed on the One who created our beautiful and holds her heart in the palm of His hand.