Hands and house

Hands and house

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Whatever is pure...

We are anxiously awaiting a phone call from the nurse about Georgia's test results.
 
We know that this morning 2 out of 3 tests were in,
 
and that she would be calling 'soon' to discuss the results.
 
So, while I'm waiting,
 
I want to fix my eyes on some things that I am SO thankful for....
 
Like my kids running around the house playing with their neighbor buddies,
 
and Georgia's new favorite game..."Let's have a big group hug Mama and Daddy!"
 
and decorating for Christmas.
 
Yep, you heard it right.
 
We start early because we are supposed to be heading south in a few weeks and like to enjoy a tree etc in our house beforehand.
 
But before talking about the tree there is something else I am so thankful for....
 
the hearts of my children and the other kids in our Sunday night community group.
 
A few weeks ago a man from  Living Water International came and spoke at our church...
 
After hearing about those in the world who do not have access to clean water,
 
these amazing kids ( age 9 and under) decided they wanted to raise money to build a well somewhere in the world.
 
I'm talking dump out the piggybanks, pray like crazy way excited about it.
 
These wells cost between $2500 and $5000 dollars to build.
 
They know that and are prepared to keep at it until the task is done.
 
So they held their first event at church on Sunday....
 
a bake sale.
 
They made posters
 
 
Parker's said "Help us bild a well" Georgia's "Clean up your water!"
 
and Ravenna's " Bild a well, Jesus loves the poor!"
 
Seriously, I am so humbled by their hearts.
 
So we baked and baked...and so did other Mamas and even Grandma's from the church.
 
They had one awesome table of goodies!
 
I wish I could figure out how to upload the pictures from the event.
 
Because the table had about 10 kids behind it...
 
kids from America, Ethiopia and China,
 
4 adopted...all of them growing up together almost like family...
 
all there to help others they have never met.
 
It was beyond beautiful.
 
Parker and his buddy Blake got up in front of the church to tell people what they were doing and what happens when you drink 'yucky' water.
 
Thankfully we talked Parker out of pinting to his bum and yelling "DIAREHHA!" before they got up there!
 
and these kids....
 
they raised $631 dollars in one morning!
 
and honestly....
 
writing that all down is such a gift and is helping bring me peace as we wait.
 
God is so good.
 
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:8-9
 
I think I'll save the Christmas stuff for another post...
 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails