Hands and house

Hands and house

Friday, April 24, 2009

Girlie pinkness!!!!!










Ok...I decided this evening that it was time to take a break from my fears and spend some time getting ready for Georgia!!!!!




So I spent a bit of time turning her room from the pit of kid toy cast offs into something a bit more girlie...still more to do like get the crib and anything of actual use but hey, it felt so good to dream about my little girl!




Here's her curtains















And some fun poofy flower sort of things I made ( a cross between a tissue paper flower and a really scary prom dress)







Then lastly, this is one of my favorite things that I have for her. It is a doll especially made for Georgia








The back of the doll has the verse we have picked out for her on it...


It is Proverbs 3:5-6, picked out before we knew who she was. This is what it says:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

So how's that for an estrogen boost? Just in case anyone was worried, Doug is out of town so he didn't have to take part in all of the girlie pinkness :) Now I'm off to do a facial and watch a girlie movie :)

6 comments:

Ann Trubey said...

Shannon, her room is darling! I love the flowers and her doll! Doug is outnumbered anyway...he'll have to deal with the pink! He and Parker will just have to huddle up and do some manly things together. :)

Hugs,

Ann

Miller Moments said...

Girl things are so fun!

Naomi said...

Love it!! I have also ordered a doll and I believe they have sent it to us and we should receive it this week!! Are they just the cutest dolls ever? You are doing so well keeping your eyes fixed on Jesus. It is so hard but God is always giving us what we need for each day. I find the weekends to be the hardest also. I used to love them more than the rest of the week but not since we have been on this journey. I know that it is not long for us now and I pray that it is not going to take long for you also!!
Enjoy your weekend!
Naomi

Anonymous said...

Love it!! I understand the need to DO SOMETHING! I received the material for Kensey's room today and we do not even have her referral yet. My husband can't understand my need to prepare. Keep your eyes on God's plan for Georgia. But as someone once told me - keep living while you wait. You have a precious family that needs you to be wife and mother too. I know it muust be hard to do that with your little Georgia in so much need. May God continue to bless you.

Leslie

Sharon said...

I have had some time to read through your blog since you posted your prayer request for Georgia. Know I am praying for her as are many others im the AWAA family. I always love to think about the fact that as the kids in China are sleeping...we, here are awake and so many prayers are said for them during that time. They have to wake up each day strengthened for what the day will bring. I am praying Goergia's heart will be renewed physically each day until she is able to get the surgery she needs. LOVE the girlie room!!!

Ben and Rach said...

Good Job! It looks so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails