Because Georgia's medical file was fairly old (7 months) when we got our referral, we were able to ask the orphanage for an update. Mainly we wanted to know about how she is handling her heart condition at this point. We did get a little update just now and wanted to ask everyone to be praying for her. This update means that she is having "tet spells" and that we will most likely be having open heart surgery very soon after we get home.
Here's the update (meaning an in-China liason for our adoption agencey was able to call the orphanage):
"The orphanages said the girl has serious heart disease, but she looks no big different with normal children if she is not cry, but when she cries or eating too fast, her face will turn to blue. Her breath is also a little bit faster than normal kids. She is an active girl with open personality, likes listening music."
I am so thankful for this information and to know how to pray more specifically but honestly, it is so incredibly hard to be over here, so very far away. We do not know what our timeframe is until we can go get her and it breaks my heart to know that she is struggling physically.
So, I want to ask you guys to pray, to send this blog out to anyone you know who is willing to pray. I am asking that you pray specifically for these things:
* For Georgia's heart and body, that her heart will continue to pump strongly and that her body will get the oxygen that it needs.
* That God will protect her body and brain from any damage from lack of oxygen.
* That we will speed through the next three steps and be able to travel soon.
* For deep bonding and attachment when we do get her, that the time at the hospital will not harm her attachment to us.
* For Ravenna and Parker as they walk this journey with their new little sister.
* For peace and trust for us as we wait. I have the hardest time sleeping as it is daytime in China and I know that Georgia is up and I wish with all my heart that not another day would go by without her knowing the love of a family.
Thank you all so much, I wish that I could post a picture so that you could see the sweet face you are praying for.
Love you all,