Hands and house

Hands and house

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Heart of a Child

    Last night I was showing Doug the newsletter from the orphanage. Parker piped up, "Mama! That is the picture from the prayer room where we went every morning!" Each morning as a family we spent a few minutes in the prayer room praying about our day. There was a beautiful stained glass window with a picture of an older boy holding his younger brother in an embrace. A drawing of this is part of the letterhead on the newsletters. What Parker asked for next just blew me away....."Mama, will you cut that picture out and put it on my window so that I can remember to pray for my friends at the orphanage?"
   I taped it up and wiped away my tears, so humbled by the heart of my child. When I came in to tuck him into bed I found this:


and my sweet boy saying, "I was crying a little bit because my friends might be sick without anyone to help them."

I am so humbled that I get to be his Mama...

At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:1-3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails