Hands and house

Hands and house

Friday, February 24, 2012

And then Came The Uncomfortable Part...Where I Kissed The Nurse.

 Thank you all so much for your prayers, we are hanging in there. I had a good long cry last night and today feels a little better. The Lord keeps reminding me that we need to look at the step in front of us not the whole long haul. There are so many sweet, sweet things going on in the midst of all of this, and I don't want to miss them....and there are then the things that only happen under great duress...

       So, you may be wondering about the title of this post. You know by now that things were beyond intense with Ravenna post surgery. Like 6 hours of thrashing, screaming, my friend helping Doug and I restrain her so she would not harm herself intense. Medically it is called emergent delirium...I call it total chaos! Well, in the midst of all of that, the medical staff was trying to figure out how to best help Ravenna. They needed to get some meds into her IV that might calm her down. This was a 5 person job...not kidding. It was all arms and legs and screaming, I was up by her head and helping to hold her hand (to keep her arms still) while they tried to get connected to the IV. All I was focused on was trying to comfort my little girl. So I was stroking and kissing her over and over saying, "I love you, it's ok, it's ok...." for a LONG time....yes stroking, and kissing. Until I looked up...and realized it was not Ravenna's arm, but the nurses elbow. Yep. Stroking and kissing the nurses elbow. At that moment she finished getting the meds in and looked right over at me as I looked up from kissing her elbow. Yep, eye contact and all and all I could say was, "Oh...oh I'm so sorry!" Nothing like making out with the elbow of some unknown person to brighten your day!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Mills said...

...and God brings humor to a horrible moment of Ravenna's story...

:D

Joe and Alice Waarvik said...

Oh my sides hurt from laughing so hard! Thank you so much for sharing your embarrassing moment with us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails