Hands and house

Hands and house

Friday, May 7, 2010

An Honor!!!

 Remember sweet Abby that we have been praying for? Her Dad hosted a photo editing contest recently. While Abby was last in the hospital she got to meet Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood and Troy Aikman. Brent provided this photo for people to play around with:


I love photography and have just started learning about photo editing on Picasa so I thought I'd give it a try!

For me, the beauty of this photo is the story behind it. A Daddy getting some time with his daughter outside of the hospital room, away from leukemia and in the midst of some pretty cool celebritities. The first thing I thought of was the phrase "Lost in the moment". At the time of this picture Brent got to be a proud Daddy holding his little girl.

So, with that in mind, I started to tinker.

CROP

The photo felt busy to me so I cropped it down closer to the group. I toyed around with taking out the OU logos but in the end felt like they told part of the story.







COLOR CHANGE

The people seemed a bit washed out so I played for awhile with different settings but landed on changing the photo to Sepia.




SHARPEN

The people seemd to get washed out so I sharpened the image.




FOCUS

Finally, I wanted to really focus on Brent and Abby, that the moment was about them and their joy. I wanted someone looking at the picture to see them first. So I softened the photo.


Viola!
I really enjoyed doing this, mainly as a gift to Brent and Abby. If you do not know about their story you can read about it Here. Brent is the creator and owner of Mr. Linky (which is a really cool blogging tool). He also hosts a radio show, 'The Mind of Brent' and publishes Serious Life Magazine.
This photo will be in the next issue of Serious Life!

Be blessed Riggs family because you are a blessing to me!

2 comments:

From all of us with love said...

Congratulations!! When I saw your picture the other day, I thought it fit. Daddy~Daughter nothing else as important!!! The rest of the story is great but no star like the star in a daddy's ear for his daughter.

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

Shannon,

I love what you did with their picture (I've been praying for her, too) and I love what you are doing through your blog.

I also love yesterday's sweet post about firsts with Georgia. I missed 8 years of firsts with my adopted son, yet the firsts that I am experiencing now are like no other.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day with your sweet family!

God Bless,
Kathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails